Creating a new leave type
Go to Human Resources -> Configuration -> Leave Types, then click on .
Leave Types form
- Leave Type
- Enter the name of the new leave type
- Meeting Type
- Specifying a meeting type will create an event in the employee's calendar when a leave request gets approved.
- Apply Double Validation
- If checked, will require double approvals for subsequent leave and allocation request for this leave type.
- How to pick second approver (If Apply Double Validation checked)
- Direct all to an employee: All leave requests and "By Employee" allocation requests will be directed to this employee for second approval.
- Department Manager: All leave requests and "By Employee" allocation requests will be directed to employee's department manager.
- Manager of employee manager: All leave requests and "By Employee" allocation requests will be directed to the manager of the employee's manager.
- Specific Second Approver
- This employee will approve all leave requests and "By Employee" allocation requests. Please ensure employee has the rights to approve leave.
- Allow to Override Limit
- If checked, system will allow employee to take more than the available leave days for this leave type and will not be taken into consideration in "Remaining Legal Leaves" in employee form.
- Color in Report
- This color will be used for this leave type in the report located in Reporting -> Human Resources -> Reports -> Leaves by Department.
- If unchecked, this leave type would not be selectable but still resides in system database.
- Do not count public holidays
- If checked, system will not count public holidays for leave requests.
- Do not count weekend
- If checked, system will not count Saturday and Sunday for leave requests.
- Do not count employee off days
- If checked, system will not count employee off days for leave requests. Employee off days are specified in employee form.
When you are done, click on .